Side project 🚧
November 2017 - …
I’d say that project mixes two of the most important things I’ve encountered in my whole life: rap music and education. For those of you who already read a bit about my previous Deepdives project this is basically the personal spinoff I made from it. For the others, let’s meet below.
What feels more natural than trying to replicate something we already made in the past for others? Since high school I’ve been pouring the cultural references I got from rap music I was listening to into my essays at school. I found it fun and unexpected. Surprisingly teachers seemed to love that. I was using concepts my friends haven’t even heard of at the time.
Serendipity made me enter into some kind virtuous circle where I was getting relevant information from a hobby of mine.
Rap music is the most listened music in 2018 and in France is often associated with difficult social backgrounds. Now I want everyone who listens to rap music to know that their are sitting on top of an infinite unexploited source of knowledge that could, if exploited in the right way, make them go into a totally unexpected and awesome professional path.
- We don’t have any public tech repos (yet) but basically, we’re building the biggest french rap music database with all kind of sources.
- This database is used for us to publish some analysis and for our media partners to use for their own content.
- We released our first analysis in June 2019 🎉🎉 (sorry it’s in French)
- We released our second analysis in September 2019 🎉🎉 (sorry it’s also in French)
- On the long term, we aim at building bridges between rap music and litterature, history…
Redbull gives you wings
I should be writing some kind of post-mortem-lesson-learning long article about that collaboration but I’d rather discuss that live with whomever might be interested in my own experience in going all in (and failing) to work with big corporation when you’re a small startup team.
Currently a team of 3: